Download Tekken Card Tournament: iOS | Android
If you're a beginner at card-battling, or just want to get to grips with the game's intriguing mix of mechanics, we've put together some top hints and tips to get you on the road to glory.
- Let's start with the basics. When you face off against an opponent, whether against the computer or another person online, you need to choose from three possible combat options. First, you can enter Focus mode where you'll perform no actions, but will gain an additional combat card up to a maximum of five in your hand at any one time. Strike mode will use your current cards in combat, but they'll disappear afterwards, leaving you potentially defenseless against the next assault. Entering Block mode allows your character to completely avoid the first two cards' worth of damage if your opponent chooses to assault.
- Be very careful with blocking. You can only do two blocks one after another before the option becomes locked out temporarily. Plan your use of card acquisition and direct combat moves carefully, and save the blocks up for when you really need them. Let your opponent block their way into trouble...
- There's no right or wrong character to choose at the start of the game, although your choice here will determine the starter pack you receive when you start playing. Each character is reasonably well-balanced, and you'll be given starter cards that compliment both your combat strengths and weaknesses.
- If you want to acquire more cards in Tekken Card Tournament, you've got a few options. First of all you can use the currency you earn from participating in combat to buy card packs. Note, however, that you won't receive three cards suitable for your chosen character - instead you'll get three random cards from a handful of characters. Check each pack carefully to make sure you'll at least get something you need for your chosen fighter.
- Unfortunately, if you want to get hold of the very rarest cards, you're going to need to pick up the Ultra Pack from the in-app purchase store - and it will take you some time to grind out enough game cash to bypass a real money purchase. These are the only card packs that contain Super-Rare cards, although Elite cards are available from the other, somewhat cheaper packs.
- You can help yourself a great deal with the currency costs by checking into the game at least once per day, even if it's only for a very brief visit. The game will reward you once per day for firing it up, so if you want to make some easy money, take a break for a while and just dip in to get hold of the free stuff!