Click here to view Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst - The Maps. This set of maps shows you how all of the rooms are connected in the game, and where to find the special tasks, puzzles, games and searchable locations. Special thanks to Jeff Zahn, aka "Zahnprod" for creating the maps.
- The book will give you clues as to where to look for certain things or what to do with them once you get them.
- You can always flip through the book as much as you want so you can look through the clues
- Whenever you enter a scene and you see an area that has a lot of sparkly lights, click on it because it is an area in which you need to look for hidden objects.
- If you get stuck and don't know what to do, you can click on a hint and it will help you in two different ways:
- In a scene in which you need to look for objects it will form a glowing circle in the area in which you can find one random item from the list. The item is usually in the center of the circle.
- You can also use your hints with yout items that are in inventory. Simply open up your inventory panel and drag the item of your choice over to the hint tab at the bottom of the page. You will then see a picture of where the item needs to go to.
- The hint button refreshes itself after a while but how long it takes can sometimes depend on you. If you're looking for hidden objects in a scene, your hint button will reload faster if you find several items in a row quickly.
- Click on the bushes that are on the left side, look for the list of hidden objects.
- Pick up the wrench that is on the top right side of the scene, it is partially sticking out of the mailbox.
- Once you're done with the list you will be given a wrench.
- Use the wrench once you exit that scene.
- On the left side, you will see an intercom, click on it and you will see a closer view. Use the wrench to take the 4 screws off the panel.
- Click on the bottom of the page and you will see that the inventory box will come up.
- Click on the wrench and place it over each screw on the panel.
- The screws will fall to the ground one by one.
- Once the panel is open, you will notice 4 wires at the bottom. If you look carefully you will see some numbers scribbled above it.
- You need to place those wires over the holes that are on top.
- If you look at the holes on top you will see that they have numbers on top and on on the side.
- There are numbers 1 through five across the top row and you will see 1 through 4 going down the first column.
- You must connect the numbers in the following manner:
- The first number represents the rows
- The second number represents the columns.
- The first wire says "2,2" place the wire where the 2ND column and the 2ND row connects.
- If the second one says "4,1", place the wire where the 4Th column (on top) and the 1st row connect.
- Please look at the screenshot for the solution.
- Once the wires are properly connected, ring the red button and a key will fall out.
- Click on the key and close the panel by clicking outside of the box.
- Click on the gate to get a closer view.
- Click on the inventory box and place the key on the lock. The gate will open and Emma Ravenhearst will speak to you.
- You will notice that the book on the lower left side opens up. Click on the book to read what is inside.
DOOR-TYPEWRITER LETTER "V" CLUE
- Go through the gate, DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE WELL since you will not use it until much later, go towards the door.
- Click on the door and you will get a closer view, look for the items on the list.
- In this scene you will find a typewriter key with the letter "V" on it.
- As you exit the scene, go towards your left side of the porch.
- Once you go towards the left side of the door, click on the open trunk that is on the ground.
- Look for the list of hidden objects.
- The brick is located on the top right side, on the edge of the railing.
BRICK ON THE WINDOW
- Once you find the brick, go towards your right 2 times. On the first right you will pass the scene in which you saw the door.
- In the next scene you will come across a window.
- Click on your inventory and grab the brick. The brick goes on the window. You have to click on the window 3 TIMES in order to break the glass.
- Click on the window so you can enter the living room.
- Once you enter the living room with the fireplace you will see the crowbar. It is under the chair that is on the left side, click on it to make it go into inventory.
- Go back outside by placing your cursor at the bottom of the page.
- Go back where you came from by going left 2 times. From that scene, point your cursor down.
- Once you're outside, place your cursor on the left side of the page.
EYEBALL # 1-CROWBAR ON LOOSE BOARD
- You access this scene by placing your cursor on the left side of the page.
- Click on the floor part that is under the window and you will get a closer view.
- Open your inventory box and grab the crowbar. Place it on the loose board.
- When the floor opens up there will be an eye inside, click on it and pick it up.
- Go back to the scene where you threw the brick through the window and you will see a ladder on the right side.
- Click on the ladder and it will go into inventory.
- Go back to the scene that has the boarded door.
- Place the ladder on the right side of the door and it will attach itself to the side of the house.
- Once the ladder is in place,click on the nest that is above the ladder.
- When you click on the nest you will get a closer view, pick up the eyeball that is inside.
- From the porch, go to the right side two times and you will be in a garden with two statues.
- Click on the Statue of the man that is on the left side of the page and search for the list of items.
- The eyeball will be in the center of the scene.
- Go back through the broken window and click on the door that is in the back of the scene and you will get a closer view.
- Place the eyeballs on the empty sockets that are on the page.
- After the eyeballs are placed pull on all 4 of the levers one by one until they are completely turned.
- Each time you turn the handle you will notice that the image in the middle become clearer.
- Once the eye in the middle is fully visible, the door will open.
CHEESE WEDGE/ KITCHEN
- While you're in the kitchen, you will see that the cupboard in the back of the scene is sparkling, click on it to look for the hidden objects.
- The cheese is located on the top right side of the scene.
LAWN SHEARS-Inventory Item
- While you're in the kitchen click on the cabinet that is under the window and it will open up.
- Grab the LAWN SHEARS that are on the side of the cabinet.
- On the top left side, there is a piece of paper on the wall, click on the paper and it will move to the side, revealing a strange carving on the wall.
- The book will open up and show you a similar carving.
CHEESE PLACEMENT/ MOUSE
- Once you get the piece of cheese, go back outside through the window and you will see a small hole on the lower right side of the scene.
- Place the piece of cheese on the hole and the mouse will come out to eat it.
- Click on the mouse and it will go into inventory.
CAT AND MOUSE/KEY
- Click on the bottom of the scene and to go back to the front door.
- On the steps you will see a cat, click on the cat to get a closer view.
- You will see that the cat is stepping on a key.
- Give the cat the mouse and it will release the key. Click on the key to pick it up.
USING THE KEY IN THE KITCHEN
- Go back to the kitchen and you will see a stove with a lock around it.
- Click on the lock and you will get a closer view.
- Take the key from inventory and place it on the lock, the stove door will open, grab the shabby glove that is inside.
- When you go to the left side of the porch, you will see a basket hanging, click on it to get a closer view.
- Open the inventory box and place the lawn shears on the rose and it will cut it.
- Then take the shabby gloves and place it on the rose so you can pick it up.
- Go back to the garden with the statues and click on the male statue, search for the list of objects.
- The horn is on the lower right side of the scene.
BLACK ROSE/ FEMALE STATUE/MOON SYMBOL
- Once you're in the garden with the 2 statues, click on the female statue.
- When you click on the moon symbol that is around her neck, she will turn around and speak to you.
- Hand her the rose and the moon around her neck will start to glow, grab the moon and it will go into inventory.
SKELETON DOOR PUZZLE
- While you're in the garden, click on the front door and you will see a skeleton that looks like the drawing on the kitchen wall.
- You have to click on each limb until it forms the correct diagram that will let you in the door.
- Keep in mind that the left arm has to go below the left leg.
- Please look at the screenshot for the correct way to position the skeleton.
PICK AXE-Inventory Item, Graveyard
- Once you enter through the door, you will get to a garden. Skip over the garden by placing your cursor on top of the page.
- When you get to the Graveyard, click on the stones that are on the left side of the page. Search for hidden clues.
- The pick axe is on the lower right side of the page, it's partially hidden.
GRAVEYARD-LAWN SHEAR USAGE # 2
- After you searched for the hidden clues, you'll see some lights sparkling on the right side of the scene.
- Open your inventory box and click on the lawn shears and click them onto the tree 3 times to reveal the puzzle.
GRAVEYARD MINI GAME
- In this mini game you have to click on each circle for it to move.
- There has to be a connecting line between the unbroken bulbs, the crow and the lines in the center.
- Please look at the screenshot for the solution.
SUN SYMBOL-Inventory Item
- Once all the lines are in place, the center will open up, revealing the sun symbol, click on it and it will go into inventory.
DAMP CLOTH-Inventory Item
- Go back in the kitchen and click on the cabinets, search for items. The damp cloth is located in the lower right corner of the scene.
- Go back to the living room and click on the puzzle that is on top of the fireplace.
- When you open it up, you will see a lot of symbols on the left and on the right.
- You only need 2 symbols placed on the slots that are on each side.
- On the right side you want to place what looks like the number 76.
- On the left you want to place the symbol that looks like a swirl with a dot on top.
- Then go into your inventory box and place the moon symbol on the right side.
- On the left side, place the sun symbol.
- Pull on the lever and the fireplace will disappear revealing a secret passageway.
- When you get to the basement Rose Sommerset will tell you that her and her daughters were taken away a long time ago. She wants you to unlock the doors and find her children.
- Click on the back of the scene to enter the room with the 3 doors.
- When you enter the new scene, you will be confronted with three doors.
- You can't do the puzzle on the left side yet because you need to find all the marbles in order to solve that puzzle.
- Click on the door that is in the back of the room.
MIDDLE DOOR PUZZLE
- Click on the white switch that is on the lower left side and it will activate the mechanism.
- You will see some numbers flashing on the screen. You have to do the math and come up with the correct answer.
- Click on the switches next to each number so that 2 lights on the same row are lit.
- As you see the number show up on each row, do the math, either add or subtract.
- Look on the top right side and you will see an arrow that points to certain colors.
- Move the arrow to the color you want to change, you will notice around the board that there are colored dots with a space for 2 numbers next to it. Each time you enter a number, those dials will change.
- This solution may be random but I posted the results that came up during my level.
- Top row (pink lights) 27+24=51
- Second row (green lights) 6-1=5
- Third Row (orange light)71+09= 80
- Bottom Row (light blue light) 63-32= 31
- The doors will open automatically once you enter all the numbers correctly.