Using technology from Qualcomm and their augmented reality platform, the Star Trek Into Darkness app will allow users to give deeper in the Star Trek universe than ever before by collecting points, seeing content, participating in missions and interacting with materials from the film to work their way through the Star Trek Academy.
Details of the app include:
- A geofencing function for location-based experiences such as encouraging viewers to go to the movies;
- An audio scan function that can be turned on to automatically recognize and reward users for watching "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" content on TV and other media;
- An image scan function that enables users to interact with images printed or viewable in the real world;
- New "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" content, such as videos, images and wallpapers delivered directly to users' mobile devices;
- Exclusive opportunities and special offers only available to app users.
You can download the Star Trek Into Darkness app from www.StarTrekMovie.com/StarTrekApp.
Star Trek Into Darkness opens in theaters everywhere May 17, 2013.
You can follow Senior Editor Lance Liebl on Twitter @Lance_GZ. He likes talking sports, video games, movies, and the stupidity of celebrities. Email at LLiebl@GameZone.com