The wait is finally over, Parrotheads! If you didn't manage to secure a spot in THQ's MargaritaVille Online beta on Facebook, the game has now launched to the public on both Facebook and iPad! We've been keeping track of this one ever since E3 last June, and have come to appreciate the game's depth and linear storyline. Still, there's a lot going on in MVO, and it might be a bit tricky for new users to dive into Jimmy Buffett's world of tropical relaxation. That being the case, we're here with some exclusive tips straight from THQ to help you get started.
- Those collectibles can add up to some helpful coin. If you ever need cash, check your "collections" under the plus icon in the top right corner of the screen. You just might have some complete collections that you can sell for quick coins. [Note: Collectibles are earned at random when breaking open crates, going netting, etc.]
- Smash treasure chests for the biggest payouts. They take 5 smacks, but are well worth the effort. [They normally contain multiple ingredients to build bridges, ladders or even upgrade your boat]
- Treasure Chest Strategy 101 - save your treasure chests until you have lots of quests open as they have a good chance of providing valuable quest items.
- Different levels of treasure chests pay out different rewards. Wood is pretty good, silver is sweeter, but know you want to go for the gold!
- Party Pirates have an affinity for stashing their chests in caves. Don't be afraid to build those bridges in the caves either, they usually lead to chesty goodness.
In addition to those exclusive tips above, you can actually learn a lot about the game from its official Twitter account. We've compiled some of the best tips for you to check out below.
- In Pirate Shooter, go for streaks. Consecutive jewel/head/body shots without missing will award you with lots of extra points!
- The Pirate Shooter game will restock netting locations with barrels and crates each time you play! [These barrels contain many quest related items and coins]
- Be sure to visit the info kiosk. The helpful attendant has useful info as well as the power to replenish many crates or barrels.
Of course, these tips apply to both the Facebook and iPad versions of the game, as the iPad version simply connects to your Facebook account for gaming on the go. An iPhone version will launch soon, allowing you to play MVO's mini-games right in the palm of your hand. There's no release date for that one, as of this writing, but we'll make sure to give you a heads-up when it's available.
Download MargaritaVille Online on iTunes -->
Play MargaritaVille Online on Facebook -->
Have you tried MargaritaVille Online? Will you download the game on your iPad, as well as playing the game on Facebook? What do you think of these in-game tips? Want to see more? Let us know in the comments!