Zynga sees Player Love Week as a way to give back to the millions of players of Zynga's iOS games. And there are a lot of them: The most recent official number is 13 million daily players of all Zynga mobile games, and you can imagine iOS players make up for a healthy portion of that. Here are all the promotions going on for the rest of this week:
- 1/12: ForestVille: A free animated bear-in-a hammock for players to decorate their forest
- 1/13: Hanging With Friends: 20 free coins to put toward power ups or balloon bling
- 1/14: Zynga Poker: 3,000 poker chips to up the ante
- 1/15: Dream Zoo: It's raining hearts. Players receive 40 hearts via an in-game "fruit drop"
- 1/16: Words With Friends: A free tile pile that tells players which letters remain during a current match
- 1/17: CityVille Hometown: Enjoy twice the amount of energy offered throughout the entire day
- 1/18: Scramble With Friends: A token of love: free boosts for the entire day
Zynga took this golden opportunity to tout some interesting (though not very telling) numbers regarding its top iPhone and iPad games. For instance, out of 2.3 million ratings across all of the company's games on iOS, the average rating is 4.5 stars. Other interesting figures include over 3.5 million words in Words With Friends played per hour, and over 2 million friends' animals washed in Dream Zoo.
With both this infographic (seen below) and Player Love Week, it's clear that Zynga looks to show its prowess in mobile games. And it's a smart move, considering marketplaces like the App Store and Android Market are the place to be right now for social game creators. Well, that and the fact that it's in everyone's best interest to catch up with Rovio.
Are you a fan of any of Zynga's games on iPhone or iPad? Does Zynga have a shot at winning the mobile games race like it seems to have won Facebook games? Sound off in the comments. Add Comment.