Back in February, Zynga launched a thread on the official FarmVille forums that asked users to post their questions about the upcoming English Countryside expansion, and now, the FarmVille English Countryside fan page has been updated with some of the best questions, with responses direct from the developers. Here's a quick rundown of what we've learned.
Aside from the Q&A list, Zynga also announced that for every 1 million "Likes" the official fan page received they will add another grand prize trip to England (yes, England in the real world) to their upcoming sweepstakes. If you haven't liked the page yet, this surely gives you some added incentive, no?
- Neighbors will be able to visit your English farm as normal. They'll be able to fertilize your crops, tend to your English chickens and so on.
- We'll need lots of boards, bricks, and nails to not only get started in England, but to also build things (we're assuming this means we'll need to build our English Chicken Coops and Dairy Farms from scratch just as we've done in our first farms).
- Zynga confirmed that we'll be able to grow English Peas, King Edward Potatoes, Blue Bells, and English Roses (along with many more crops).
- The English Countryside will contain a true story, centered around the various characters in the English Countryside. You will not have to actively participate in the story in order to "work on, decorate, and expand your second farm," but hey, we asked for a story, and we'll be getting one.
- On the topic of Sheep breeding, we've learned that not only will we be able to breed Lambs that contain characteristics from both parents, but we'll be able to name each individual baby Lamb and then choose whether or not to keep it, or let a friend adopt it on their own farm. When Lambs mature, they can be bred as well, to create entire family trees and new color combos. Each baby Lamb has a chance at being either a Ram or a Ewe.
- A Garden Shed will be available in England, which will apparently hold perfect bunches of the many flower crops we expect to be released.
- You won't have to add neighbors or spend Farm Cash to receive and head over to the English Countryside. Zynga also seems to have quietly confirmed the existence of Duke's Airship.
- The English Countryside will not rely on energy to play. Zynga says they are "committed to keeping FarmVille's gameplay just as our players have always enjoyed it." That means you'll be able to infinitely play the game, just as you can now, even while in England, so long as you can find ways to occupy your time.
We'll be sure to let you know when Zynga updates the Q&A list with more information, but for now, let us know what you think of these sneak peeks in the comments. Which aspect of the English Countryside are you most looking forward to?