We've been saying it for a few weeks now, and the time has finally arrived - the Pot of Gold is now officially starting to roll out to players in FarmVille. If you were playing FarmVille at this time last year, this event will likely look pretty familiar to you, and it is slowly rolling out to players, so if you don't have a notice about receiving the Pot of Gold on your own land, please be patient.
Note: You can try to force the Pot of Gold to spawn on your land by trying to use a piece of Gold that you have in your inventory. Simply hit Use, wait for the store to pop up, click on "Preview" on the Pot of Gold item in the store, and then you may be able to purchase the Pot of Gold for 1 coin. This is currently locked for most users, but you are more than welcome to try.
For those that have received the pop-up like the one above, the Pot of Gold is then officially available on your account, and you'll be able to click on "Place Now" to automatically be placed into Placement Mode, where you can place your free Pot of Gold on your land. Once that's done, you'll be able to clear your inventory of all of the excess Gold pieces that you've claimed from your Leprechaun Cottage, and go about earning more Gold for six prizes that are available inside.
Meet us behind the break for all of the details about this exciting new collection event. This year's prizes include many items that we've brought you in FarmVille Sneak Peeks over the past few weeks, and these prizes look to greatly make up for any disappointment you might have had with other events over the past few months.
The six prizes are:
Kelly Green Hay (re-release from last year) - 1 Gold
Clover Gnome - 10 Gold
Clover Sheep - 20 Gold
Clover Chicken - 50 Gold
Lucky Fountain - 100 Gold
Green Lighthouse - 200 Gold
At this time, it is unknown whether a second page of prizes will be made available in the future, but at least these items give you something exciting to work towards for the time being.
As usual, there are a number of different ways you can go about accumulating Gold. Here's a quick rundown of some of them:
- Enter the Pot of Gold by clicking on it and then clicking "Look Inside." Then click on the Ask for More button to send individual requests to neighbors for pieces of Gold.
- Have your friends head to their free gifts page and send you one of the five Gold items available there (all count as one, so it's more about which one they think is prettiest)
- Purchase Gold outright from the store. Packs of five Gold Pieces cost 5 Farm Cash
- Look out for bonus Gold pieces being shared by your friends as they add Gold to their own Pot of Gold, or as they "Re-Gift" them from their Gift Box, as rare of a case as that might be
- Harvest from your Leprechaun Cottage once per day
- Harvest your friends' Leprechaun Cottages once per day
Check out our St. Patrick's Day coverage right here.
What do you think of these new prizes for this year's Pot of Gold? Are they better than the prizes that were available last year, or does Zynga still have some room for improvement? Let us know in the comments.