Now we gathered a few more details on this upcoming music game, and I have to say, this game sounds like a socialized (and more fully realized) version of DJ Hero, an anemic mobile game based on the popular video game series with the same name.
Below are a few more nuggets of info on Nightclub City Rivals:
- Rivals is a rhythm-based role-playing game, where you take on the role of an up-and-coming DJ who goes head-to-head against other DJs, tapping, fading and scratching music tracks to increase their reputation and earn in-game cash which can be used to unlock new items and abilities.
- Once your DJ faces off against rivals, they will take on a series of tougher boss battles.
- Game's multiplayer mode will use GPS and allow players to check into real-world locations to battle other players. Once you check-in, you can become the House DJ (which is kind of like a Foursquare Mayor) and collect rent from other players who also check into the same spots.
- Yes, you will have a customizable avatar, which you will be able to style. Avatars will also have skill levels that you can build up over time.
- Rivals will offer a 'cross-over experience' of some sort, though it's not very clear whether that means the game will be connected across all platforms and/or whether this game will interact with Nightclub City on Facebook. More details soon.
- Nightclub City Rivals will be released for iPhone, iPod Touch and Android in March/April.