The Winter Workshop is now available in FarmVille! This new constructable building is the first major step to the FarmVille holiday season and soon enough you'll be able to harvest special Holiday Gifts from the Winter Workshop for special use later (hint: they'll probably be used in quests).
This brand new building will most likely operate like the recent Halloween Candy Basket, requiring players to ask friends for parts to build it and upgrade it. As for the gifts, we imagine there will be a lot of sharing going around and not through the Gifts section.
Workin' on the Workshop
You'll get the base for the Winter Workshop for free the first time you play FarmVille after the game update, and you will immediately be entered into Placement Mode. You can place the Winter Workshop base on your farm now, or you can choose to place it in your Gift Box for use later.
Take a look after the break for more information about this winter fun factory from Zynga.
The basic Winter Workshop looks pretty but you won't be able to harvest it for Holiday Gifts when the time comes. You'll need twelve (12) parts (4 bricks, 4 nails and 4 wooden boards) to complete construction of the first level:
Like other constructable buildings, you can acquire these parts by:
- Asking your neighbors for these parts by posting a help request to your feed (click on the "Ask For More" button for each type of part).
- Give parts to your neighbors via the Free Gifts page or the "Send Gifts" button.
- Acquire individual parts by spending Farm Cash (click on the "Buy" button for that particular part). Each part is 1 Farm Cash.
- Acquire all needed parts for the building by spending Farm Cash (click on the "Complete Now" button to purchase parts for the rest of the building). The Cost is X Farm Cash, where X is the amount of parts left needed to finish the building.
- Parts awarded through Special Delivery Boxes.
- Using individual parts available in your Gift Box.
Once you complete construction of the first level you'll see this new window:
There are two more levels of construction; the second level requires forty-five (45) total parts (15 bricks, 15 nails and 15 wooden boards), where the meter will be halfway filled, while the third level requires an additional sixty (60) parts (20 each of the 3 above). The bigger the level of the Winter Workshop, the more Holiday Gifts you'll get when you harvest it.
Here's how the Winter Workshop will look:
Harvesting for Holiday Gifts will begin soon. Your neighbors will be able to harvest your Winter Workshops for Holiday Gifts as well. Seeing the logical, vertical progression of the Winter Workshop is interesting. It's currently unknown what gifts the Winter Workshop will hold, but expect them to have a grander purpose than just looking pretty. What's most exciting is this building will give us yet another reason to visit our friends' farms, something that isn't encouraged enough in FarmVille. But most importantly, will elves be included? Who knows, but a man can dream, can't he?
Source: Zynga FarmVille Forum
Find the rest of our Holidays coverage right here.
Are you impressed by the Winter Workshop? What gifts do you think await inside its walls? Speculate away in the comments. Add Comment.