During this week's Wednesday night update, FarmVille dogs (or puppies rather) make an appearance in the in-game market. There's good news and bad news about the FarmVille puppies -- the good news first:
1. The dogs can be customized (to a degree), you can pick the breed, gender, color and name them as well.
2. Once they grow up to be adults, the dogs each have their own special skills
3. One of the dogs can be purchased using coins
4. The dogs are really adorable, maybe (and I mean, maybe) enough to justify the bad news that follows...
Now, the bad news
1. The majority of the dogs cost 65 FarmVille cash (roughly $12)
2. Dogs must be fed Kibble every day for 14 days to grow
3. Extra kibble costs 5 FV cash
4. If the common Border Collie (that one costs 300K coins) isn't fed kibble, it will run away
5. The common Border Collie only comes with one day's worth of kibble
As for the Kibble, there's actually a little more good-ish news. If you decide to shell out the 65 FV cash for a puppy, it comes with 14 servings of kibble, enough to turn then into dogs that will actually help out on the farm. If you spend the 300K coins for a Border Collie and use up its one-day's worth of kibble, you can ask friends to send you additional dog food as a free gift or by posting a message on your Facebook wall.
What do you think -- do the FarmVile puppies cost too much?